- How empowered are the women? : A cross-sectional study in a slum area of Kolkata by Pal J, Dasgupta A, and Prabhakar R published in Indian journal of maternal and child health apr – dec; 2015,17(2)
- Quantification of Perception Status of Hand Washing Practice Among School Children In A Rural Area of West Bengal by Dhiraj Biswas1 , Sanjay kr Sahoo , Aparajita Dasgupta , PS Preeti , Amitava kumar, and Sudipta Das Published in scholars journal of applied medical sciences (sjams) issn 2320-6691 (online) sch. J. App. Med. Sci., 2015; 3(4a):1683-1687
- Does India need Life Skill Education at all? by Kaushik Sarkar , Aparajita Dasgupta, and Mukti Pada Sinha published in Int. J. Preven. Curat. Comm. Med. Vol 1, no 2 (2015):38-40
- Domestic Violence and its Determinants: A cross‐sectional study among nwomen in a slum of Kolkata, West Bengal by Aparajita Dasgupta , PS reeti, Sanjaya Kumar Sahoo³, Dhiraj Biswas,, Amitava Kumar, and Madhureema Das published in Indian journal of community health , vol 27, issue no. Jul – Sep 2015
- Which is More Accurate in Measuring the Blood Pressure? A Digital or an Aneroid Sphygmomanometer by Bhaskar Shahbabu1 , Aparajita Dasgupta , and Kaushik Sarkar , Sanjaya Kumar Sahoo4 published in Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2016 Mar, Vol-10(3): LC11-LC14
- Domestic unintentional injury of 1 to 5-year-old children in a rural area of West Bengal, India: a community-based study by Sitikantha Banerjee, Bobby Paul, Aparajita Dasgupta and Kajari Bandyopadhyay published in Tanzania Journal of Health Research Volume 18, Number 3, July 2016
- Effectiveness of a Training Programme on Knowledge of Breast Cancer among ASHAs in a Rural Block of West Bengal by Dr. Kajari Bandyopadhyay, and Dr. Lina Bandyopadhyay.
Note: This study was awarded with the FIRST PRIZE in ‘Prof. Ranadeb Biswas memorial poster’ section at the 32nd IAPSMCON- WB chapter held on 4th June, 2016
- Domestic Unintentional Injury of 1 to 5 year old Children in a Rural area of West Bengal: A Community based Study by Dr. Sitikantha Banerjee, Dr. Bobby Paul.
Note: This study was awarded with the THIRD PRIZE in ‘Prof. Ranadeb Biswas memorial poster’ section at the 32nd IAPSMCON- WB chapter held on 4th June, 2016
- A Study on Sexual Behaviour and STIs in a high risk population of Kolkta by Dr. Kajari Bandyopadhyay, Prof. Aparajita Dasgupta, Dr. Smarajit Jana, and Dr. Dipendra Narayan Goswami
Note: This study was awarded with THIRD prize among Oral paper presentations in ‘Young Scientists Session’ at 6th International CME of Society of Tropical Medicine and Infectious Diseases of India (STMIDI) held on 5th June, 2016
Workshop on Utilization of DHE/DHPE Trained Manpower
A total of 82 Health Promotors/Educators working at Block/District/ State level in the different states of India participated in the workshop. All the participants actively participated in the workshop.
A symposium on “Breast feeding Promotion- A key to sustainable development “
A symposium on “Breast feeding Promotion- A key to sustainable development “was organized by Food & Nutrition Board (ER) Govt. of India in collaboration with the Dept. of Health Promotion and Education, AIIH & PH on 8th August, 2016 in the Auditorium of Main campus to observe World Breast feeding week. A total of 60 delegates like DPO, CDPO, Faculty members from AII H & PH participated in the symposium.
Mr. Raha, Additonal Director, ICDS, Govt. of WB delivered lecture on “Sustainable development and role of breast feeding”.
Dr. M. Dobe, Director-Professor & Dean, AIIH & PH delivered a lecture on “Current scenario on breastfeeding and reasons thereof”.
Mr. N. N Tiwari, Deputy Technical Advisor, F & N Board (ER) delivered a lecture on “Actions at various levels to enhance breastfeeding & IYCF, IMS Act, Feeding during emergencies.
Dr. Shibani Datta, Professor, Department of Public Health Administration, All India Institute of Hygiene & Public Health, Kolkata has become a member of the Editorial Board of International Journal, ‘Journal of Community Medicine & Health Care‘ published from Austin Publishing Group, New Jersey, USA.
AIIH&PH, Kolkata has joined National Medical Library’s ERMED Consortium to enable free access for students and faculty of the Institute to 242 high quality online e-journals from the following five leading publishers:
- British Medical Journal Publishing
- Cambridge University Press
- Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
- Oxford University Press, and
- John Wiley
The resources can be accessed from any Network PC of the Institute in the main campus including the PCs in the Library, through the following steps:
STEPS TO ACCESS/LOGIN
- Visit the website, www.ermed.in
- Click on the Journals tab from the menu bar.
- Access the List of Journals through scrolling either the PUBLISHER WISE LIST or the ALPHABETICAL LIST or both.
- Click on the desired Journal.
- Open Full Text (PDF/ text)
Alternatively, one can go to the PUBLISHER WISE LIST or ALPHABETICAL LIST directly by visiting the website http://www.ermed.in/journals.aspx
How Hygienic is the Woman in Food Handling, a study in a Kolkata slum by Dr. Kajari Bandyopadhyay, Prof. Aparajita Dasgupta, and Dr. C.S. Taklikar was judged RUNNER-UP among oral presentations on ‘Food Safety and Security’ Thematic Session at IAPSMCON 2016, Gujarat (4th-6th January, 2016).
Musculoskeletal Morbidity Among Tailors, a cross sectional study in an urban slum of Kolkata by Dr. Sitikantha Banerjee, Dr. Aparajita Dasgupta, and Dr. Lina Bandyopadhyay was the WINNER of poster presentation on ‘miscellaneous’ thematic session at IAPSMCON 2016, Gujarat, (4th-6th January, 2016).
At 5th Convocation of West Bengal University of Health Sciences, Kolkata, Dr. Sulagna Das (Batch 2012-2015) was awarded Gold Medal for securing highest marks in MD (Community Medicine).
- Effectiveness of a Training Programme on Knowledge of Breast Cancer among ASHAs in a Rural Block of West Bengal. Dr. Kajri Bandopadhyay, Dr. Lina Bandopadhyay were awarded with the FIRST PRIZE in ‘Prof. Ranadeb Biswas Memorial Poster’ section at the 32nd IAPSNCOM- W.B. Chapter held on 4th June, 2016.
- Domestic Unintentional Injury of 1 to 5 year old Children in a Rural area of West Bengal: A Community based study. Dr. Sititaknta Banerjee, Dr. Bobby Paul were awarded with the THIRD PRIZE in ‘Prof. Ranadeb Biswas Memorial Poster’ section at the 32nd IAPSNCOM- W.B. Chapter held on 4th June, 2016.
- A Study on Sexual Behaviour and STIs in a high risk population of Kolkata. Dr. Kajari Bandopadhyay, Prof. Aparajita Dasgupta, Dr. Samarjit Jana, Dr. Dipendra Narayan Goswami awarded with THIRD PRIZE among Oral paper presentation in ‘Yound Scientists Session’ at 6th International CME of Society of Tropical Medicine and Infectious Diseases of India (STMIDI) held on 5th June, 2016.
Workshops/Training Programmes Organised by PSM
Awareness Programme on “Hazards of tobacco” among students of Paltagarh Radharani Sikshamandir (Higher Secondary), Singur on 8th February 2016
Workshop of “First Aid” among students of Paltagarh Radharani Sikshamandir (Higher Secondary), Singur on 4-5th February 2016
Training on “Prevention and Screening of Breast and Cervical Cancer” for Field Level Health Personnel (ASHAs) of Singur on 2nd February 2016
Training Programme on “Prevention of noncommunicable diseases” among secondary school teachers of Singur on 7th December 2015
One day workshop on “Research methodology” for newly recruited Junior Residents on 13th July 2015.
- Click below for photographs.
Photo 1: IAPSMCON 2016, Gujarat (4th-6th January, 2016).
Photo 2: 5thConvocation of WBUHS, Kolkata
Second International Yoga Day was celebrated by AIIH&PH, Kolkata in collaboration with the Heartfulness Team led by Mrs. Neetika Vegad and Priyanka Gupta. About 200 officials participated in a three-day Relaxation and Meditation sessions.
For the programme followed, please click here.
For the video shown, please click below.
Common Yoga Protocol 1
Common Yoga Protocol 2
For the background, please read below.
In 2014, the United Nation declared 21st June as International Yoga Day. Accordingly, the 2nd International Yoga Day is going to be celebrated on 21st June, 2016. Ministry of Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy (AYUSH), Government of India is the Nodal Agency to coordinate various activities for the celebration of International Yoga Day in India. The following statement made by the UN Chief at the time of first yoga day summarises the benefit of the move behind the International Yoga Day.
“Let us see the benefits of this practice in terms of individual well-being as well as our collective efforts to improve public health, promote peaceful relations and usher in a life of dignity for all.”
The Ministry of AYUSH has issued following two Common Yoga Protocol on the occasion:
Common Yoga Protocol 1
Common Yoga Protocol 2
Application is invited for 5 day training on “Orientation (Certificate) Course on Public Health″ being organised by the Department of Public Health Administration, All India Institute of Hygiene and Public Health, Kolkata during the period from 21.11.2016 to 25.11.2016. The Medical Graduates of all systems are eligible for the training. The venue of the training will be the main campus of the Institute which is located at 110 C.R Avenue, Kolkata 700073.
It is to be noted that there is no registration fee or training fee for the participants. No TA/DA will be paid to the participants from this Institute. Guest House/Hostel facility may be provided by the Institute on payment basis. It is advisable to the participants to bring their laptops for practice after office hours.
Coordinator: Dr. N. N. Naskar, Director Professor & HOD (PHA) Mob No.: 9433439419; e-mail: email@example.com
For the application format, please click here. Application Form