Diploma in Industrial Health (DIH)
After successful completion of the course the student will have knowledge and practical skills related to:
1. Common occupation related health problems, their prevention, control, early diagnosis and treatment.
2. Health hazards associated with different occupations, basic concepts about their identification and control.
3. To assess fitness (both physical and mental) of 3 person for a particular type of occupation.
4. To plan and manage Occupational Health Services for the persons employed in organized and unorganized sectors.
5. To plan and manage preventive and primitive health service for the families of the persons employed in different occupations.
6. Collection, tabulation, analysis and interpretation of the data related to health of people employed in different occupations.
Two year full time Post-graduate Diploma, Recognized by Medical Council of India (MCI)
M.B.B.S. Qualified including one year continuous rotating internship training in any Medical College recognized by MCI.
15 [Reservation for SC, ST & OBC applicable as per rule]
Selected strictly on the basis of merit, as determined by a competitive test, as determined by a centralized entrance test held at the national level and also by W. B. State Entrance examination
conducted by West Bengal University of Health Sciences, as per guidelines of MCI.
As per Govt. of WB norms for post-graduate degree & diploma courses of Modern Medicine, affiliated to WBUHS : 1st Year : Rs.24,714.00 per month, 2nd Year : Rs.26,644.00 per month, 3rd Year : Rs.28,547.00 per month.
West Bengal University of Health Sciences (WBUHS).