Master in Veterinary Public Health(MVPH)
1. To impart both theoretical and practical instructions to both Veterinary and Medical graduates to enable them to plan, organize, implement and evaluate appropriate public health programs.
2. To understand and appreciate the ecological proximity of man with animals and the influence of animals on human health and vice-verse.
3. To take appropriate steps to prevent and control of zoonotic diseases.
4. To develop man power to prevent and control human and animal diseases of public health importance.
5. To provide opportunities to take appropriate research in the field of veterinary public health.
2 years Post Graduate degree.
MBBS/BVSc&AH Degree of any University recognised by University of Calcutta. The candidate must possess the Internship completion certificate and permanent Registration number before admission.
Preference will be given to those candidates who are i) deputed by the Central / State Government or other recognised bodies or (ii) having at least one year experience in the field of Veterinary Science.
15 [Reservation for SC, ST & OBC applicable as per rule]
Merit list is prepared based on the marks obtained at the Graduation level.
Rs. 800/-(Rupees eight hundred only) per month during the 1st year to the non-sponsored candidates. No stipend is given in the 2nd year.
West Bengal University of Health Sciences (WBUHS).