National Dengue Day, 2018 was observed at UHU&TC, Chetla. All the patients and attendants attending OPD were gathered at MCH OPD & School Health OPD Premises on 16th May, 2018 from 10.30 am – 12 noon. The IEC was given in the form of “Lecture” & “Poster”.
The following points were highlighted during awareness promotion session:
- Introduction: Importance of observance of National Dengue Day.
- Dengue fever and its symptoms.
- Transmission of Dengue and characteristics of Aedes mosquitoes.
- Breeding sites of Aedes mosquitoes.
- Cleaning the water storing sites periodically inside and outside houses.
- Mosquito bite protection at individual level.
- Role of community in prevention and control of Dengue.
- Interactive session with Stakeholders.
Dengue Awareness Programme at MCH OPD