Teaching and Learning
The Institute has been conducting various regular courses, short courses, training programmes, awareness programmes and other public health activities to strengthen the Public Health Manpower and the Public Health System. During the period 2012-17, the following regular courses have been conducted.
1. MD (Community Medicine),
2. Diploma in Industrial Health (DIH),
3. Diploma in Maternity and Child Welfare (DMCW),
4. Diploma in Public Health (DPH),
5. Master in Veterinary Public Health (MVPH),
6. M.SC in Applied Nutrition,
7. Diploma in Health Promotion and Education (DHPE),
8. Diploma in Dietetics,
9. Diploma in Health Statistics (DHS),
10. Post Graduate Diploma in Public Health Management (PGDPHM), and
11. MPH (Epidemiology).
It may please be noted that all the courses in the Institute, except MVPH, are affiliated to WBUHS. The MVPH course has affiliation with the Calcutta University. Moreover, MD (Community Medicine), Diploma in Public Health, MPH (Epidemiology), Diploma in Industrial Health and Diploma in Maternity and Child Welfare have MCI recognition.
The Institute also conducts several Short Courses/ Training Programmes on a regular basis for Capacity Development in the field of Public Health. This year, the Institute has added following skill based specialised short courses/ training programmes in the list of training programmes to be conducted by the Institute.
(A) General Duty Assistant’ Course; Duration: 9 Months
(B) Diabetes Educator; Duration:3 Months
(C) Dietetic Assistant ; Duration: 5 Months
(D) General Duty Assistant ; Duration: 5 Months
(E) Home Health Aide; Duration: 4 Months
(F) Sanitary Inspector: Duration: 9 months