Diploma in Health Promotion & Education
The course of studies leading to the Diploma in Health Promotion & Education has been designed to prepare specialists in Health Promotion & Education with following elements of professional competence:
- Plan Health Promotion & Education Actions
- Promote evidence-based health promotion and education practices
- Empower Community
- Develop Community
- Market healthy practices
- Advocate or address impact of development on health and vice-versa
- Build partnerships with all stakeholders(individual, other sectors, private, NGO, community, development agencies)
- Promote self and professional development
- Develop other professionals’ competency in health promotion and education
- Manage health promotion and education activities
- Advocate for health promotion and education
One year full time Post-graduate Diploma
For admission to the course a candidate is required to possess:
- A bachelor’s degree in Medicine & Surgery recognized by the Medical Council of India, OR
- A Master’s degree in Arts/Science/Education/Nursing or equivalent, OR
- A bachelor’s degree in Arts/Science/Education/Nursing or equivalent and at least 2 ( two) years experience in Community Work.
46 [Reservation for SC, ST & OBC applicable as per rule]
Selected strictly on the basis of merit, as determined by an admission test, conducted by the West Bengal University of Health Sciences. All relevant information in this regard is available at their website –www.thewbuhs.org
As per Govt. of India norms for Non- medical trainees attending post-graduate diploma courses : Rs.7500.00 per month.
West Bengal University of Health Sciences (WBUHS).