Diploma in Maternity and Child Welfare
After completion of this training course students should be able to:
- Identity and understand the relationship of different socio-economic, environmental, nutritional and biological factors influencing health of woman of reproductive age group, adolescents and children.
- Understand the principles and methods of epidemiology in studying health problems pertaining to women of the reproductive age group, adolescents and children.
- Assess health situation of mothers and children of a community and to identify the health needs of the population.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the principles and components of Primary Health Care in the field of MCH/RCH.
- Apply the knowledge of Epidemiology and Bio-statistics in identification of health problems of the Community, especially of the mothers and children.
- Plan, organize, monitor and evaluate the health care services for the women of reproductive age group, adolescents and children.
- Diagnose and manage common health problems of mothers, adolescents and children on the basis of clinical assessment and appropriately selected and conducted investigation.
- Communicate effectively with individuals, family and community using appropriate tools and techniques of information, education and communication.
Two year full time Post-graduate Diploma, Recognised by Medical Council of India (MCI)
M.B.B.S. Qualified including one year continuous rotating internship training in any Medical College recognized by MCI.
46 [Reservation for SC, ST & OBC applicable as per rule]
Selected strictly on the basis of merit, as determined by a competitive test, as determined by a centralized entrance test held at the national level and also by W. B. State Entrance examination conducted by West Bengal University of Health Sciences, as per guidelines of MCI.
As per Govt. of WB norms for post-graduate degree & diploma courses of Modern Medicine, affiliated to WBUHS :1st Year : Rs.24,714.00 per month, 2nd Year : Rs.26,644.00 per month, 3rd Year : Rs.28,547.00 per month.