The objectives of MD (Community Medicine) course is to develop public health specialists equipped with adequate knowledge, requisite skills and appropriate behavioural attributes, for efficient health planning, management, education and research.
At the end of the post graduate training course, the students will be able to:
- Apply the principles and process of health management to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the national health programs.
- Plan, organize, implement, monitor or evaluate outcome and impact of health care programmes and services.
- Acquire the epidemiological know how and understand the dynamics of transmission of common communicable diseases for necessary measures to prevent and control diseases.
- Identify through community diagnosis, the social, cultural, environmental and psychological factors influencing health behaviour and apply these principles in community level intervention programms.
- Integrate the know-how of diagnosis and management of health issues with the science of public health practice and expertise of health communication.
- Critically appraise National health policies, priorities and approaches.
- Plan, organize, implement and evaluate teaching/learning sessions for medical and paramedical personnel. Design research protocols, collect and analysise data on bio-medical, epidemiological, social and health service issues.
- Apply knowledge of epidemiology and Bio-statistics to interpret reports and publication.
Three year full time Post-graduate Degree, Recognized by Medical Council of India (MCI).
M.B.B.S. Qualified including one year continuous rotating internship training in any Medical College recognized by MCI.
10 ( 5 seats allotted for State Quota and 5 seats allotted for Central Quota; Reservation for SC, ST & OBC applicable as per rule )
Selected strictly on the basis of merit, as determined by a competitive test, as per centralized entrance test held at the national level (AIPGMEE) and also as per W. B. State Entrance examination conducted by West Bengal University of Health Sciences ( WBPGMAT), as per guidelines of MCI.
At present PG students both degree & diploma courses, affiliated to WBUHS: 1st Year: Rs.65,000.00 (approx.) per month, 2nd Year: Rs.66,000.00 (approx.) per month, 3rd Year : Rs.67,000.00 (approx.) per month.
The West Bengal University of Health Sciences (WBUHS).